80's Sci Fi Movies I loved as a kid.

Not obscure, or never seen before, as so many lists like to tell you. But, not as popular as Star Wars either.

Leviathan (1989)

Leviathan (1989) - 80's Sci Fi Movies I loved as a kid.

Peter Weller, Daniel Stern, Ernie Hudson (who may have been in every movie in the 80s), and a very, very hot Amanda Pays are deep sea miners. They find something on the ocean floor, it mutates and kills them. You should check it out. As a child, I mainly remember her shower scene.

Enemy Mine (1985)

Enemy Mine (1985) - 80's Sci Fi Movies I loved as a kid.

Denis Quaid, Lou Gosset Jr. Yes, that is Lou Gosset Jr on the left. Opposing space fighters crash land on a hostile alien planet. Eventually they must work together to survive. I loved this movie as a kid. Also made me appreciate turtles.

Lifeforce (1985)

Lifeforce (1985) - 80's Sci Fi Movies I loved as a kid.

Probably no one you have heard of. I honestly don't remember. Vampire Aliens invade London. Also, boobs. I was 10 when I saw this, I remember boobs.

Starman (1984)

Starman (1984) - 80's Sci Fi Movies I loved as a kid.

Jeff Bridges, Karen Allen. A woman's dead husband reappears, but is actually an alien that needs her help. Big chase from the government. Think Thelma and Loiuse meets Powder. I cried at the scene with the dead deer. (In this movie and Powder actually.)

*batteries not included (1987)

*batteries not included (1987) - 80's Sci Fi Movies I loved as a kid.

Jessica Tandy, Hume Cronyn, Elizabeth Pena. NY apartment building tenants meet small robotic aliens that are adorable. I made my mother take me to the theater to see this. She ended up loving it too.

The Last Starfighter (1984)

The Last Starfighter (1984)  - 80's Sci Fi Movies I loved as a kid.

I have no idea who is in it. This movie was a six year old me's wet dream. Kid plays a video game at a local convenience store (#CoinOpMasterRace) until he finally beats the impossible last boss. He is then whisked away by aliens to save the Galaxy from the evil Kodan Armada. I watched this at least once a week as a child.